VitaFeed Power: Pollen Supplement
VitaFeed Power is a nutritional stimulant packed with easily-available essential amino acids and vitamins. VitaFeed Power should be used in spring to stimulate egg laying and accelerate colony growth. VitaFeed Power is scientifically formulated and rich in vitamins, nucleotides and free amino acids, specifically developed to boost your bees.
- What is VitaFeed Power
- How VitaFeed Power helps
- When to use VitaFeed Power
- How to use VitaFeed Power
- Where to buy VitaFeed Power
- Stimulatory feed for honey bees, providing all of essential amino acids in the correct ratio
- Accelerates colony growth, promotes egg laying and boosts wax production
- Prevents stress and nutritional deficiencies
- Ideal for producing splits, packages and nucs
What is VitaFeed Power
- is a liquid nutritional supplement packed with all of the essential amino acids that bees are unable to synthesise themselves
- provides protein to allow honey bees to produce the enzymes necessary to break down sucrose into glucose and fructose, providing energy and dramatically boosting the colony
- is a spring feed which should be used together with VitaFeed Patty or when there are multiple sources of high quality pollen available
How VitaFeed Power Helps
Honey bees need protein, but not all pollen has the same protein content. VitaFeed Power ensures that bees have sufficient protein to enable healthier colony development and thereby increased honey production.
Rigorous trials in different countries have shown the remarkable effects of using VitaFeed Power. Studies show that bees increase their pollen consumption by 50% when the percentage of protein in the pollen drops from 30% to 20%. When protein content drops, bees turn to their own body reserves. This in turn reduces their lifespan, their brood-rearing capability and therefore the development of the colony. VitaFeed Power compensates for protein deficiencies. Studies have shown that use of VitaFeed Power in spring results in an average of two additional frames of brood per colony, compared with control colonies fed only with sugar.
When to Use VitaFeed Power Pollen Supplement
VitaFeed Power should be used only in spring when colonies are building up ready for the first nectar flow. The protein content of VitaFeed Power is in the form of free amino acids. Bees are able immediately to use amino acids, unlike proteins, which they must first break down into amino acids. These amino acids are the building blocks for the enzymes bees require to break down sucrose into glucose and fructose, providing their energy. However, it is also essential to ensure sufficient protein availability. If there is not sufficient quality and quantity of pollen available when feeding with VitaFeed Power, it should be used in combination with VitaFeed Patty to provide this pollen.
How to Use VitaFeed Power
VitaFeed Power is available in 1 litre and 5 litre bottles and should be mixed with room-temperature sugar syrup at a ratio of 5 ml VitaFeed Power per litre of syrup and fed as usual.
Where to Buy VitaFeed Power
VitaFeed Power will be available very soon in the UK, France and the USA, with further markets to follow. Please contact your local distributor (in the UK, or Internationally) for further information about availability.
- VitaFeed Power label (1L)(pdf)
- VitaFeed Power label (250ml) (pdf)
- VitaFeed Power label (5L) (pdf)
- The effect of dietary vitamin C supplementation on varroa infestation and apiary health (Journal of Agricultural Science, pdf)