Fumagilin-B: Nosema prevention and control
Fumagilin-B is the only approved treatment in Canada to combat nosema disease in honey bees. Manufactured and sold in Canada, Fumagilin-B is highly effective in the control and prevention of both Nosema apis and N. ceranae and is proven to improve winter survival of honey bee colonies. If nosema is not treated it can debilitate or kill honey bees.
- What is Fumagilin-B
- How to use Fumagilin-B
- The advantages of Fumagilin-B
- Fumagilin-B – proven success
- More information
- Where to buy Fumagilin-B
- Quick and simple to apply
- Use in spring and fall/autumn for complete protection
- Proven to increase winter survival rates
- Proven to improve colony spring build up
- High efficacy against N. apis and N. ceranae
What is Fumagilin-B
Fumagilin-B, based on a natural extract produced by the fungus Aspergillus fumigatus, has a highly specific action to prevent and treat nosema infestation in honey bees, with proven high efficacy against both Nosema ceranae and N. apis.
How to use Fumagilin-B to control and prevent nosema in honey bees
To combat Nosema, Fumagilin-B can be used in spring and fall / autumn according to the label directions.
Fumagilin-B can be dissolved in water or syrup at room temperature but for best results, warm the required amount of water first (to 35-50 degrees Celsius), remove from the heat and then first add Fumagilin-B, followed by sugar, and mix well by agitation. Consult the product leaflet to ensure the correct quantities of Fumagilin-B and sugar.
Additional (unmedicated) sugar syrup may be provided after finishing treated feed to ensure sufficient nourishment supplied to bees as needed.
The Advantages of Fumagilin-B
- Specific: Many independent studies have proven high efficacy against Nosema apis and N. ceranae
- Effective: Reduced nosema load leads to more healthy bees per colony, increased honey prodution, better pollination and higher quality queens and packages
- Safe: Non-toxic to bees when used as directed
- Cost-effective: Significant reduction in winter losses vs untreated colonies
Fumagilin-B – Proven Success
Studies have shown that Fumagilin-B offers significant benefits when used as a preventative or curative intervention. Independent research proves high efficacy against both widespread strains of nosema, while also demonstrating increased colony strength and significantly improved winter survival rates.
Where to buy Fumagilin-B
Fumagilin-B is proudly manufactured and sold in Canada. For further details, please contact your local retailer.