The Vita Photo Gallery is designed as a resource for beekeepers across the globe giving public talks. Users may download Gallery images to use in their live presentations. This service is free provided that users adhere to the Conditions of Use.
Registration and Login
To access the Gallery, just register your name, email address, country, and postcode or zipcode and choose a password. Or login here if you have already registered. Vita will not pass your details to any other individual or organisation, except for the purposes of administering the Gallery pages.
PLEASE NOTE: If you’re unable to login please click the “Forgotten your username/password” link below where you will be issued a new password that you can change to something more memorable once logged in.
RegisterLoginForgotten your username/password?
Conditions of use
Photos and images may be downloaded free of charge on condition that they are used only for educational purposes and not for commercial gain or published in any form (including web and newsletter publication). If you have any queries about usage, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Gallery images come from several sources. Vita would particularly like to thank the Hampshire Beekeepers Association and Mike Lambert for the use of many of their photographs which helped start the Gallery. (Many of those come from the library of the late Frank Vernon.) John Hanks also of Hampshire has supplied a series of photographs including high-magnification images of honeybee anatomy.
How to use the gallery
You can access thumbnails of images via the general index or the keyword search facility. To download an image, simply click on the ‘download’ link. New: now you can even search by photographer name, so if you like one person’s contributions you can view them altogether.
What’s available – latest update – 1 February 2013
The Photo Gallery is growing steadily, so it is worth checking back regularly. Latest additions:
- almost 100 new photos entered in the Vita Photo competition
- six marvellous new photos from Dan Eudy — and more on the way
- Two photos of 19th century Neighbour hive marking transition from skep to moveable frame hives from Chris Hone
- Four photos of beees on comb, some in close-up from Scott Famous
- Seven more superb photos from Apimondia Gold Medal winning photographer Franc Sivic
What users say
- “I think it great that Vita offers these images.”
- “Thank you for providing this valuable resource.”
- “I am preparing a talk for later this month and find many of the images very useful.”
- “Some super photos, the microscopy ones very special.”
- “I thought I’d tell you what a strong shudder your image of the varroa on a bee pupa produced.”
- “If I were a maiden I would think my prayers had been answered.”